Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bad, Ugly and Yuckkk!!

Bad, Ugly and Yuckkk!!

Well there are always two sides of a coin. If there’s something good… there will surely be evil… the yin yang you see. So if I have talked about some of the best designed logos, I’ll have to dedicate a post to one of the worst ones as well. You’ll surely be surprised to see that these logos are actually in (or was in) place. May be the designer had something else in mind or maybe it’s just that I’ve a dirty mind … LOLZ.

Well some of them (Category # I) have ‘phallic’ connotations and I know that there’s absolutely no need to describe such logos because you all are smart enough (pun unintended). Then there are some of those (Category # II) which are really pathetic and have no such ‘exciting’ connotations… how boring!! Well I think that this happens mostly because the designer was not paid enough or was not given enough time (which usually happens with the M@Ddies @ K). Let’s have a look at some of them:









‘Ohhh Come on… it’s a pediatric center. The one on the left is a kid.’

I know… the more I’ll try to pull in the right way… the more eager you’ll be to go the wrong way. After all that’s what is the consumer behaviorJ. (Category # I)










Looks childish isn’t it?? A software company with such kind of logo… seems weird. But if I tell you that this logo is supposedly designed by the 6 year old daughter of the CEO of the company… will your perception change a bit?? I know you glanced at the logo once again and you were a bit considerate this time… weren’t you?? (Category # II)









Now this one is truly miserable. I just cannot expect such kind of logos for events as big as the Olympics. How do you connect it to the event or to the place or even to the year? Yes.. It’s 2012. At least I was not able to guess that it was 2012 written until I came to know that this logo is proposed for the next Olympics. (Category # II but your creative imagination may well take it into Category # I)










Aweful… that’s the only word that pops up when I see this logo. I hope you won’t differ. (Category # I)









And the last but class apart is the logo of ‘Brazilian institute of oriental studies’. A hut with sunset in background or is it…

No comments: